Salmon River Guide Drift Boat Fishing Pulaski NY
Enjoy a Salmon River guide drift boat fishing trip for Trophy Steelhead or Salmon in Pulaski NY. I’m Randy Jones who has 35 years of Pro. guide fish experience.
Steelhead, King Salmon, Coho Salmon and Brown Trout
Join this Salmon River Guide for a drift boat fishing trip on the World Renowned Salmon River in Pulaski NY for hard fighting Salmon or Steelhead during the splendor of our Fall, Winter and Spring fishing seasons. Its reputation for large runs of Salmon and Steelhead and Incredible Average Size of all species is unsurpassed by any other fishery in New England.
Whether it is Trophy sized Steelhead or Salmon that you want. This Salmon River Guide is dedicated to introducing both new and experienced anglers to the exciting world of fishing for Steelhead or Salmon.
We can Spin fish, Fly fish or Float fish off the Salmon River Guide drift boat. Enjoy learning Advanced fishing techniques and Exact fish habitats. I always enjoy sharing my wealth of knowledge with all my guest’s. Especially if you are planning a return fishing trip on your own.
The Steelhead and Salmon fishing of your dreams……. ……..well mak’m reeeeeeeeeeel!
Sincerely, Salmon River guide Randy Jones.
SALMON RIVER FISHING REPORTS
Book a Salmon River Fishing Guide Trip
Salmon River Guide fishing for Steelhead, King Salmon, Coho Salmon and Brown Trout in Pulaski NY.
Fishing Steelhead (avg. 8 to 12 lbs.) – (Nov. thru April.) Our Steelhead are without a doubt, one of the hardest fighting and most acrobatic fish that swims in the Salmon River in Pulaski NY. Torpedo – Silver Bullet runs and changing direction in a blink of an eye. While taking your line 100 to 200 feet out in seconds. This well surely jump start your fishing heart! Tarpon jumps, like a rocket ship 3-4 feet in the air. Somersaulting like a jugglers baton back to earths atmosphere before splash down. Sounding like a cinder block with water spraying 20 feet in all directions. Steelhead Tail Walks across the pool for 40 to 60 feet, will live in your Salmon River memory forever!
Fishing King Salmon (Chinook Salmon) avg. 10-20 lbs. (Sept.-Oct.)
Our tackle busting King Salmon are known for Rod Breaking EXPLODING fishing excitement! King Salmon will amaze you with their freight train runs on the Salmon River.
Its like your hooked to the back of a bus, that isn’t stopping!
There is no Nookie like a Chinookie! 😉
Fishing Coho Salmon avg. 8-12 lbs. (Sept.-Oct.)
Trying to harness the raw power of a zippy 12lb Coho Salmon screaming at high speeds. In 20 different directions will keep you on your fishing toes (and hopefully not on your fishing back!)
There is no HO like a Coho! 😉
Fishing Brown Trout avg. 3-5 lbs.
You can catch these Brown Trout anytime while fishing for Steelhead. Like Salmon and Steelhead you measure our Brown Trout by the pound and not by the inch. While they are not as numerous as Salmon or Steelhead. These are an optional Trophy of a Fishing life time!
A brightly colored up Male Coho Salmon, ready to eat an angler. They get That BIG up here! 😉 I took the picture and my client ended up submitting it in a magazine photo contest and won first prize!
He kept the BMW and all this Salmon River guide got was this picture. Dam!
What helps to cause a BIG RUN of Steelhead or Salmon on the Salmon River?
This might help you plan your Salmon River NY Salmon or Steelhead fishing trip.
Fishing you Good Salmon and Steelhead fishing Luck! Salmon River guide, Randy Jones.
FOR MORE Salmon River guide Steelhead and Salmon Fishing.
Salmon River Drift Boat Fishing with your Salmon and Steelhead Salmon River Guide.
There is a drift boat seat reserved and waiting for you.…… This Salmon River Guide drift boat fish catching machine awaits you.
The Guide Drift Boat allows you to Spin or Fly Fish a great deal of water for Salmon or Steelhead on the Salmon River in Pulaski NY.
Often when the Steelhead or Salmon are scattered. The drift boat is a fabulous water chariot to get you to the best fishing spots quickly. We can either spin fish or fly fish from the drift boat. Or many times its best to get out of the drift boat and wade fish a productive run for Steelhead or Salmon with this Salmon River Guide.
Out on your 16 foot heated Salmon River Guides drift boat. Enjoying a Fish filled day during the Fall, Winter and Spring on the Salmon River in Pulaski NY.
Enjoy a fast forward and fun Salmon River guide drift boat fishing trip video. Covering 4 miles in 4 minutes during the Splendor of our Fall and Winter Steelhead and Salmon fishing seasons.
😉 CHECK OUT the World Record Steelhead we caught that day @ end of this Salmon River Guides drift boat video. 😉
FOR MORE Salmon River guide Drift Boat Fishing.
3 Basic fishing ways to locate and target Your Salmon River Salmon and Steelhead.
1. When the Salmon and steelhead are running the Salmon River. Fish there “Temporary Transitional Resting Spots” as they make there way up the Salmon River. Otherwise, you are fishing to Salmon or Steelhead that are not stopping, decreasing your odds greatly. Tutorial Video on Temporary Transitional Resting Spots.
2. Once the Steelhead or Salmon stop running the Salmon River to hold during the middle of the day. – (From approx. 9:30am. to 5:30pm.) Fish these “Prime Transitional Holding Spots”.
Tutorial Video on Prime Transitional Holding Spots.
3. Once the Salmon or steelhead have stopped running the Salmon River. And have found a spot that satisfies all their survival instincts. Fish these “Prime Holding Spots” – (Pools). Normally, the most fish and they aren’t going anywhere soon. Tutorial Video on Prime Holding Spots – Pools.
4 Advanced fishing ways to locate and target Your Salmon River Salmon and Steelhead.
Tutorial Video on EXPERT Fish Locating Habitat. – (These are areas I look for on the Salmon River when guiding folks like yourself.)
4. Find a spot that is a combination of all 1 thru 3. (Or, a spot that has all 3 in close proximity. So you can jump around according to what the Salmon or Steelhead are telling you to do.)
5. Combine 1 thru 4 and find a spot above a looong stretch of rapids. The fish get tired after running these Salmon River rapids and will hold here for an extended period of time.
6. Include 1 thru 5 and make sure that your spot has 98% of the Salmon or Steelhead in a transitional stage. Move into it. (Funnel or Pinch point in the river.)
7. My #1 Spot! Combine 1 thru 6 and pick a spot that compresses and or concentrates them. On a dime, like a sardine can, trash can lid or the size of a Volkswagen beetle or bus. This cuts down on all the guess work. And it allows to to present your offering to all the Steelhead and Salmon on every drift.
8. The VERY BEST place to Salmon or Steelhead fish? Is anywhere I’m not! yukyuk
By utilizing the above. You will have the most Steelhead or Salmon in front of you for the greatest period of time. In a concentrated area offering you the greatest opportunity to present your offering to ALL of them. Fish ON and ON and ON! Now you know what “This Salmon River Fishing Guide” look’s for normally.
I hope you found my “Guide Tips” entertainingly informative or mildly educational. – May all Your door knobs smell of BIG Salmon and Steelhead!
Best Fish’s, Salmon River guide Randy Jones.
1. Want a Good Laugh? Enjoy my Salmon River Humor.
2. Gigantic – Galvanic Fish Story!
3. Join the 10% of the Salmon River anglers that catch 90% of the fish club!
John’s honk’a off the drift boat! Approx. 16 lb. Steelhead!
Salmon River Guide Trophy Steelhead Fishing Testimonial:
Randy, What a great day! Just when I thought I knew a little something about steelhead fishing I had to fish with you. You really are a class act. I really appreciate you sharing your expertise and patience. As well as some of your Salmon river “honey” holes with me. I would encourage any steelhead fisherman, novice or expert, to fish with a guide even if it’s just once. And if they can get Salmon River guide Randy Jones they’re in for a great day. There is so much to learn about steelhead fishing. You can trim years off the “learning curve” by steelhead fishing with a real pro such as yourself. Thanks again for the fun and truly a learning steelhead fishing experience on the Salmon River. Thanks again! John
Thumbs up from this Salmon River Guide with a Very Happy Steelhead Fishing Guest.
The Steelhead and Salmon fishing of your dreams…… ………… we’ll mak’m reeeeeeeeeeeeeel
The Salmon River, where Memories are Made!
SALMON RIVER FISHING REPORTS
EXPERT Salmon River Fishing Videos
Salmon River Fish Pictures Photos
Book a Salmon River Fishing Trip
INFORMATION| The Yankee Angler
Randy Jones is a Full-Time Professional Drift Boat Spin - Fly fishing Guide with over 35 years of Experience.
Rates, Reservations and Deposits:
$275 for 1 angler $350 for 2 anglers Your reservation is confirmed upon receipt of a $100 check deposit (per day) within 7 days of booking to hold your date. Check Payable and Mailed to: Randy Jones 87 Clark Rd. Mexico, NY 13114 No credit cards being excepted at this time.